– 1 small head of Cauliflower, broken into florets
– 3 cups raw Kale, large stems removes, leaves chopped small
– 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Juice from half of a Lemon
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– Toasted Sesame Seeds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. On a baking sheet, toss florets in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is soft and begins to brown (toss about halfway through to brown on different sides). Fill a soup pot or large sauce pan with an inch or two of water and place over medium/high heat. Place a vegetable steamer in the pot and add the kale. Steam the kale until tender. Remove cauliflower from oven and let cool until you can handle it. Chop up cauliflower into very small pieces. In a bowl, toss with steamed kale and season with salt and pepper. Add to a serving bowl and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Can be served warm or room temperature.